Personal Injury Lawyer in Kansas City, Missouri
A car accident, slip and fall or other injury accident can be life-changing. On top of the cost of your initial treatment in an emergency department or trauma center, you also have mounting bills for long hospital or rehabilitation center stays, medical specialists, and physical and occupational therapy. You may require ongoing medical care and be unable to earn the same amount of money you did before the accident—if you can work at all.
Insurance companies, defense attorneys, and other parties representing the at-fault party do not have your best interest as their priority. Their priority is to limit liability and pay as little as possible for your injury claim.
For these reasons, it is vital that you get information and advice from someone who has your best interest as their top priority and who will fight for the compensation you deserve. You need an attorney who is experienced in valuing these kinds of claims and has the skill and dedication to fight for what you deserve. Our Kansas City personal injury lawyer is ready to help and will immediately get to work on your behalf to secure the damages you need to move on with your life.
Get Help Now With a Kansas City Personal Injury Claim
Our personal injury law firm understands the urgency of a personal injury claim. You have questions and you need answers right now. At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we have several ways you can get the information you need quickly to help you decide the best way to proceed with your injury claim.
Some of the steps you can take right now to get help include:
- Download a free copy of our attorney's personal injury book. Our Kansas City personal injury lawyer has written several books related to personal injury claims. You can download your copies of these books free of charge and without any obligation. Learn about personal injury claims, car accidents, maximizing the value of injury claims, and other information about injury cases.
- Read about personal injury claims in our blogs and articles. You can also watch videos and read through FAQs. All this information is provided by our law firm free of charge.
- Schedule your free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Kansas City, Missouri. Call 816-203-0143 now to speak with a member of our legal team.
Our attorney provides free consultations with no obligation to hire our law firm. We do not engage in aggressive sales pitches. Instead, you receive sound legal advice and guidance in addition to an honest assessment of your personal injury case, regardless of whether you choose to hire our firm.
We represent personal injury claimants on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay any attorneys’ fees until and unless we recover compensation for your personal injury claim.
Types of Serious Personal Injuries
The American Medical Association (AMA) defines a catastrophic injury as one that affects the spine, spinal cord, or brain, and may also include skull or spinal fractures. However, personal injury attorneys look not only at what body part was injured, but at the potential outcome of the injury when determining whether it is catastrophic. If an injury causes permanent disability or will affect the way a person will be able to earn a living or function on a daily basis, these factors should be considered when settling a claim. Injuries that often permanently affect the victim include the following:
- Amputation/Loss of limb. Losing a limb is a devastating experience that many victims never fully recover from. Even with therapy and prosthetics, a victim’s life will be changed forever.
- Broken bones. While many broken bones eventually heal, some require reconstructive surgery and ongoing physical therapy. A crushed pelvis or broken hip can leave a victim unable to ever resume normal activities.
- Traumatic brain injury. Depending on the severity of the brain injury, a victim can experience loss of memory, changes in personality, loss of physical function, and cognitive damage. These effects are often permanent.
- Neck, Back or Spine injuries. Even when the spinal cord is not damaged, injury to the vertebrae can cause chronic pain, loss of motor function, and debilitation. Long-term physical therapy and invasive surgery may be required. Damage to the spinal cord can result in loss of sensory and motor function from the point of injury down. Victims may need assistance to perform simple daily tasks and may be unable to return to the same work they did before the injury. A spinal cord injury could also result in partial or complete paralysis, requiring the victim to have 24-hour care or to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
- Burn injuries. Burn injuries can cause lifelong physical, psychological and mental scars and health complications that can result in costly, expensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Even when these devastating injuries can be treated, it will require a great deal of money and support from family or hired help. A fair personal injury settlement is the place to start when the injury is the result of an accident caused by another person’s negligence.
Types of Accidents Causing Personal Injuries in Missouri & Kansas
When one of these devastating injuries is caused by an accident that was not the victim’s fault, the liable party must be held accountable. Accidents that can lead to a catastrophic injury include the following:
- Accidents and collisions involving motor vehicles, including:
- Slip and falls or dangerous property conditions
- Child injuries
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective products, including those resulting in loss of limbs, severe burns or other injuries
With these kinds of accidents, it is vital to the victim’s recovery that the liable party is identified and held accountable.
Damages You Can Claim for a Kansas City Personal Injury
You may claim damages for your economic losses, physical injuries, and other damages. The amount of compensation you might receive for a personal injury claim depends on several factors, such as:
- The severity and type of your injuries
- The duration of your recovery
- Whether you sustained permanent impairments
- The level of fault you have for the accident or your injury
- The availability of insurance coverage
- Whether a government entity is involved
- The total of your financial losses
Other factors could influence the value of your personal injury claim. Generally, most accident victims can receive compensation for their:
- Past, present, and future loss of income and benefits
- Decreases in earning potential because of disabilities
- Past, present, and future cost of medical care and personal care
- Mental, physical, and emotional pain and suffering
- Scarring, disabilities, permanent impairments, and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
Talk to Our Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyer Before Agreeing to a Settlement
Before you accept a settlement offer, contact a personal injury lawyer in Kansas City, Missouri. If you agree to a settlement offer, the release prepared by the insurance company favors the at-fault party. It releases all parties from any liability for claims or damages, now and in the future. Even if you discover that you have additional damages or your injuries are more severe, you are barred from demanding more money for your claim.
Our Kansas City personal injury attorney reviews settlement agreements and settlement offers to ensure they are in your best interest. You have the option of consulting an attorney about a personal injury claim. Do not give up that right or let anyone convince you that you do not need an attorney’s help with an injury claim.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Kansas City Represents Clients in Missouri & Kansas
We are based in Kansas City. However, our lawyer serves clients throughout Missouri and Kansas. In addition to taking cases in Kansas City, we also represent clients from cities including, but not limited to:
- Blue Springs, Missouri
- Gladstone, Missouri
- Independence, Missouri
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Leawood, Kansas
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Liberty, Missouri
- Olathe, Kansas
- Raytown, Missouri
- Shawnee, Kansas
If you are injured in an accident in Missouri, call 816-203-0143 to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Kansas City, Missouri. We offer free consultations in-person and virtually. Our law firm works with you to make your consultation and experience as stress-free and convenient as possible for you.
How Our Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
As soon as you hire the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus after a devastating injury, our Kansas City personal injury lawyer will start investigating the accident and locating sources of compensation. We will call expert medical, vocational, and financial experts to demonstrate the value of your losses.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in any kind of accident, call us for a free confidential case review. You won’t pay a penny until we have settled with the liable party or parties, so you have nothing to lose. Don’t wait another moment -- call us at (816) 203-0143, or fill out the form below for a free, no obligation consultation now.