Liberty, Missouri Personal Injury Lawyers
If you are involved in an accident or injured in Liberty, Missouri, you may wonder if you need to hire a personal injury lawyer. It can be difficult to know when you can handle an injury claim without an attorney or when you should work with an attorney handle the case. You may not need to hire an injury attorney, but it is in your best interest to at least consult with one before talking to the insurance company about your case.
An insurance company may contact you soon after the accident. The claims adjuster or attorney might tell you that they must record the conversation or that they need a written statement to process your claim. They might even try to convince you to sign a release to obtain your medical records.
Get a Free Consultation with a Liberty Personal Injury Lawyer
It is not in your best interest to deal directly with the insurance company, an attorney, or other representative for the at-fault party. The real reason you are being contacted is to collect evidence to avoid liability for the claim. Anything you say could be used to undervalue or deny your injury claim.
Talk to a Liberty personal injury attorney first. As soon as possible after the injury or accident, call our office to discuss your case during a free consultation with an attorney. Learn about your legal rights from a trusted personal injury lawyer in Liberty, Missouri, who cares about what happened to you and your family.
Call 816-203-0143 now to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with a Liberty personal injury lawyer with the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus. We are here to help, provide support, and offer legal advice.
How Our Liberty Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you need help, we have resources you can access right now. Resource available to you right now include:
- Free personal injury books you can download from our website. Download your free copies now. Our Liberty personal injury lawyer provides these books free of charge. Learn about car accident claims, maximizing the value of your personal injury claim, and other information about injury claims without any obligations.
- Browse through our library of FAQs, videos, blogs, and articles about personal injury claims. You may find answers to many of your questions about personal injury cases. If you still have questions, complete our online contact form or call our office for help.
- Schedule your free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Liberty, Missouri. Call 816-203-0143 now to talk to a member of our legal team. We offer case reviews free of charge because we believe everyone deserves access to sound legal advice after an accident or injury.
Are you still unsure about whether you need to hire a Liberty personal injury attorney? If so, take advantage of the free consultation. We offer in-person consultations and virtual consultations for your convenience. You will not be pressured or receive an aggressive sales pitch to hire our Liberty personal injury law firm. You will receive an honest assessment of your personal injury claim and information about pursuing compensation for your injuries and damages.
If you decide to hire the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus to handle your personal injury claim, you’ll pay nothing up front. Our Liberty personal injury lawyer accepts cases on a contingency fee basis. We receive our attorney’s fees only after we recover money for your injury claim.
What a Liberty Personal Injury Lawyer Will Do for Your Case
Personal injury claims can be challenging to handle on your own. Many people do not have the resources or experience to investigate a claim and fight to ensure they receive fair compensation for their damages.
Our personal injury lawyer in Liberty, Missouri, handles all aspects of your injury claim. We want you to focus on healing while we focus on holding the party who caused your injury financially liable for your damages.
Steps involved in investigating and settling a personal injury claim include:
- Interviewing the victim to gather additional information about the accident or incident
- Obtaining and reviewing accident reports and police reports
- Searching for videos of the accident
- Identifying and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Obtaining medical records and documentation of loss of income
- Consulting with and hiring experts, when necessary
- Documenting damages and calculating the maximum value of all damages
- Preparing and filing insurance claims and settlement demands
- Negotiating with insurance companies and other parties to settle injury claims
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit and handling all court matters
Our legal team provides updates and communicates with you throughout your case. Your Liberty personal injury lawyer discusses settlement offers and provides advice regarding the pros and cons of settlement versus filing a personal injury lawsuit.
The goal is to recover the maximum amount of money available for your personal injury claim.
Personal Injuries Caused by Accidents in Liberty, Missouri
The injuries sustained in an accident or personal injury can cause significant damages, pain, suffering, and financial losses. They may also cause permanent impairments and disabilities.
Common injuries that individuals sustain because of a personal injury or accident include:
- Spine, Neck, and Back Injuries
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Severe Burns
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Head Injuries and Concussions
- Amputations and Loss of Limbs
- Soft Tissue Injuries and Nerve Damage
Minor accidents can result in serious injuries. The best thing you can do to protect your health and your legal rights is to seek immediate medical treatment. Documenting your injuries is crucial. Delays in medical care could hurt your ability to recover full compensation for your injuries and damages.
Compensation a Liberty Personal Injury Attorney Can Recover for You
Damages in a personal injury claim vary. Your injuries, financial damages, and other factors determine the damages included in your claim and the value of those damages. In most personal injury cases, individuals can receive compensation for damages including:
- Medical treatment and care, including hospitalizations, surgeries, physicians’ bills, medications, therapy, medical equipment, etc.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of income and benefits, including decreases in earning potential
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disabilities and permanent impairments
- Long-term personal care
- Other out-of-pocket financial losses and expenses
Talk to a Liberty Personal Injury Lawyer Before Settling Your Claim
Our Liberty personal injury lawyer understands how to maximize your damages for an injury claim. Money cannot undo the pain, suffering, and damages you experience because of a negligent or reckless person. However, it can provide ongoing care and compensate you for the losses sustained because of the accident.
If you accept a settlement offer, the insurance company prepares a settlement agreement. The agreement generally benefits the insurance company by releasing all parties from any further liability for your claim. The release includes known and unknown claims and damages. Therefore, if you settle your claim too early, you could lose thousands of dollars if you discover additional injuries or damages.
Before you settle your injury claim, talk to a personal injury lawyer in Liberty, Missouri. Do not let anyone convince you that you do not need a personal injury lawyer to review a settlement offer or settlement agreement.
Call for a Free Case Review with a Liberty Personal Injury Attorney
When you need help with a personal injury claim, contact the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus. Call 816-203-0143 to schedule your free consultation with our Liberty personal injury lawyer.
We are here to help you now by providing information and resources, including our free personal injury books and online library about personal injury claims. We will fight for your right to the compensation you deserve as you continue to heal and recover from your injuries.