Overland Park Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident or because of another party’s negligence or wrongdoing, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. How do you get the money you deserve after an injury? What happens if the other party refuses to compensate you for damages? Our personal injury lawyer in Overland Park, Kansas is here to answer those questions, and more.
Personal injury claims can be complicated and insurance companies, defense attorneys, and at-fault parties do not have your best interests at heart. They want to avoid liability for your injuries, economic losses, and other damages. In other words, insurance companies and at-fault parties want to pay you as little as possible to resolve your personal injury case.
Our Overland Park personal injury lawyer can help!
At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we put your best interests first. We have extensive experience handling personal injury claims. Our legal team works diligently to get you the money you deserve after being injured by another party.
Our Overland Park injury attorney handles cases on a contingency fee basis. We are not paid until we recover money for your injury claim.
How Our Overland Park Personal Injury Attorney Can Assist You
There are several ways we can help you right now:
- Call 816-203-0143 now for a free consultation. We do not charge you for reviewing your personal injury case. Contact our office now to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Overland Park to discuss your case.
- Download our free books written by our injury attorney. Do you want more information about personal injury claims? We have several free books you can download right now. Our attorney shares important information about car accident claims, ways to increase the value of your personal injury claim, and other topics related to personal injury cases. Get this free offer right now, in the comfort of your home.
- Review free information about personal injury claims. We have an extensive library of blogs, articles, videos, and FAQs about all types of personal injury cases. Browse our library for helpful information and guidance. If you do not see the answer to your question in our library, fill out a contact form online or call our office at 816-203-0143 for more information. We're on your side!
Our Overland Park personal injury lawyer strives to provide you with the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. We are passionate about helping accident victims recover the compensation they deserve from the negligent parties who caused their injuries.
We understand that you've been through a traumatic event. Our legal team is here to reduce your stress and anxiety by handling all aspects of your personal injury claim. We handle the legal matters so that you can focus on your recovery and wellbeing.
Contact a member of our legal team by calling 816-203-0143 or completing our online contact form. We are here to help.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Personal Injury in Overland Park?
The damages you might receive in a personal injury case depends on numerous factors. Your injuries, financial damages, insurance coverage, comparative fault, and applicable personal injury laws can impact the value of your injury claim. Our Overland Park personal injury attorney thoroughly investigates each factor involved in your case to maximize the value of your claim.
Most victims are entitled to compensation for damages including:
- Medical care and treatment
- Physical, occupational, vocational, and other therapies
- Loss of income, including benefits, bonuses, commissions, salaries, and wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Permanent impairments, disfigurements, scarring, and disabilities
- Mental trauma and emotional distress
- Psychological injuries, including PTSD, depression, and anxiety
- Loss of quality of life
The value of your damages depends on the total of your financial damages and the severity of your injuries. Careful documentation of damages increases the chance you receive maximum value for your claim. We work with you, your doctors, and experts, when necessary, to ensure that all damages are documented.
You can help by seeking immediate medical treatment after an injury. Delays in medical care can adversely affect your personal injury case. Additionally, keep copies of all receipts, invoices, bills, and other evidence of expenses and financial losses.
When to Hire Our Overland Park Personal Injury Lawyer?
Some cases involving minor injuries and minimal financial damages might not need our attorney. However, you cannot know for sure whether you need our attorney until we review your case. If you don't need to hire us, you can always benefit from a free consultation with our injury attorney in Overland Park, Kansas.
At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we encourage all accident victims to seek legal advice before talking to insurance adjusters or accepting settlement offers. We want you to have all the facts about your claim and your legal rights so you can make a decision that is in your best interest. That is why we offer a free consultation to discuss your claim.
If you are unsure whether you need to speak with our Overland Park injury attorney after an accident, answer these questions:
- Did your accident involve a large truck, multiple vehicles, government entity, or commercial vehicle?
- Did you sustain serious injuries or permanent impairments?
- Was your child injured?
- Have you incurred substantial medical bills or lost income?
- Is the insurance company or other party blaming you or alleging you are partially to blame for the accident?
- Was a defective product a factor in the cause of your injury?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you definitely need to talk to our injury attorney as soon as possible. The above situations indicate that your case may involve complicated issues, questions of law, and substantial damages. Without legal representation, you could receive much less money than you deserve for your claim.
Injury Claims That Benefit from Our Overland Park Attorney
Personal injury claims arise from numerous situations. Some of the common causes of personal injuries include:
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Defective products
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Workplace accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Our Overland Park personal injury attorney handle sa variety of injury claims. We have extensive experience representing clients who have sustained burn injuries, amputations, traumatic brain injuries, whiplash, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, back injuries, and neck injuries. We also represent children and parents in cases involving child injuries. Our lawyer also helps families seek justice for the death of a family member by filing wrongful death claims.
Should I Talk with the Insurance Company After an Overland Park Personal Injury?
Insurance claims adjusters and investigators protect the insurance company. Their job is to search for ways to limit the company’s liability for your personal injury claim. They are trained to ask scripted questions to obtain responses that the company can twist and purposefully misconstrue to hurt your claim.
You are not required to provide a written or recorded statement. You are also not required to answer questions without consulting your attorney or sign a medical release for your records without consulting with our lawyer.
It is in your best interest to consult with our personal injury attorney in Overland Park before talking to the insurance company. Our attorneywll protect you from the insurance tactics used by adjusters and investigators to undervalue and deny injury claims. Allowing our attorney to deal with the insurance company gives you a better chance of being treated fairly. Our lawyer understands insurance laws, recognizes bad faith insurance practices, and protects you from aggressive acts to force you to accept a low settlement offer.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Helps Victims in Overland Park Get the Compensation They Deserve
We are here to help. At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get the help you need during this challenging time. Do not wait to get the help you need after being injured because of another party’s negligence or wrongdoing.
Call our office today at 816-203-0143 or contact us through our website email or chat to schedule a free consultation with our Overland Park personal injury attorney, in person or virtually. You can also instantly download our free accident guide, Crash Course, so you make sure to avoid the mistakes that can absolutely wreck your claim. Feel free to take advantage of our free online resources. We provide these resources free of charge because we want to be a source of helpful information for accident victims. We're on your side!