Born and raised in Kansas City, Kevin McManus has spent his career practicing law in courts throughout Missouri and Kansas. Kevin became a lawyer because he believed in the power of our legal system to improve both clients’ lives and the community as a whole. This core belief motivates his legal practice and his commitment to community service. A major source of inspiration for Kevin was his father, James McManus, who was an attorney in Kansas City for many years and who is now retired.
After graduating law school, Kevin worked for a national law firm based in Kansas City, where he represented large corporations and insurance companies in a variety of complex legal matters. Early in his career, Kevin was contacted by a young lady who suffered a brain injury in a car crash. Ultimately, Kevin was able to help her obtain a favorable settlement that allowed her not just to recover from her injuries but also to build a better future.
Since that time, Kevin has devoted his career to helping others who have been injured or wronged receive the justice they deserve through personal injury and disability law. His firm has helped countless individuals throughout Missouri and Kansas and is focused on educating and empowering clients with high-quality legal service and representation.
In addition to practicing law, Kevin McManus has served on the City Council for Kansas City, Missouri since 2015. In 2019, Kevin was appointed as Mayor Pro Tem, which requires him to perform official duties in the absence of the Mayor. Prior to that, he served in the Missouri House of Representatives for five years. These experiences have given him keen insight into the laws at issue and the opportunity to serve our greater community.
More About Kevin Outside of Injury Law
A native of Kansas City, Kevin earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his law degree with honors from Saint Louis University. He resides with his wife and their two sons in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited to lawyers who have obtained verdicts or settlements valued in the millions of dollars. Less than 1% of all the attorneys in United States qualify and become members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Honored as a Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer in the State of Missouri by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Named “Best of the Bar” by Kansas City Business Journal
- Recognized by SuperLawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star"
- Previously recognized as a "40 Under 40" trial lawyer by both the National Trial Lawyers and Ingram's magazine
- Licensed in Kansas and Missouri with active trial practices in both states
- Graduate of Roberts Trial Academy, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Mayor Pro Tem of the City of Kansas City, Missouri (2019 - present) with extensive knowledge and experience in local laws and ordinances, including service as Chair of the Special Committee on Legal Review
- Former member of the Missouri House of Representatives (2010-2015) and recipient of a legislative award from the Missouri Bar for contributions to civil justice issues
- Author of numerous consumer books and reports, including