Do You Need an Independence Personal Injury Lawyer?
It can be difficult to know when to hire a personal injury attorney after an accident in Independence, Missouri. You were injured in an accident that was not your fault, or your injury was caused by another party's negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing. What should you do to protect your legal right to fair and just compensation for your damages?
The best way to protect your best interests is to consult with an experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate advocate for accident victims. The Independence personal injury attorneys of the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus fight to recover the compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, injuries, and financial losses. We do not stop fighting until we exhaust every legal cause of action to hold the party who caused your injury accountable.
You can afford to hire an experienced injury lawyer to handle your claim. Our personal injury attorneys in Independence, Missouri, accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We are not paid until we recover money for your claim.
How an Independence Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Here’s how we can help right now:
- Contact our office for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call 816-203-0143 to request your free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Independence, MO. We offer in-person consultations and virtual consultations with an attorney. You are under no obligation to hire our law firm after your consultation. We want to ensure you have the information and facts you need about personal injury claims to make a decision that is best for your claim.
- Browse our online library. We provide an extensive collection of free articles, blogs, FAQs, and videos about personal injury cases. You can find answers to many of your questions about personal injury cases in our online content.
- Download a free personal injury book. Our Independence personal injury lawyer has written several books about personal injury cases, including car accidents, brain injuries, and personal injury settlements. The books are available free of charge on our website.
Our goal is to help you after you sustain an injury. We answer your questions, offer legal advice, and explain the legal process for recovering compensation for your damages. We want you to focus on your recovery as we focus all our experience, resources, skills, and knowledge on obtaining the maximum value for your personal injury claim.
If you want to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Independence, Missouri, call 816-203-0143 to schedule your free consultation.
Damages You May Claim for a Personal Injury Claim in Independence, MO
The damages in your personal injury case will likely include economic damages and non-economic damages. Our legal team works closely with you to document your damages to increase the chance you receive full compensation for all damages.
Economic damages are the financial losses caused by a personal injury. Examples of economic damages included in a personal injury claim are:
- Loss of income and benefits
- Medical bills and expenses
- Cost of personal care and in-home health care
- Medications and medical supplies
- Travel expenses to and from doctors' appointments
- Damage to personal property
- Other out-of-pocket costs related to your injury and recovery
In addition to financial losses, you are also entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering damages. These non-economic damages include:
- Disfigurement, scarring, disabilities, and permanent impairments
- Physical, emotional, and mental pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Psychological damages, including depression and PTSD
The value of your personal injury claim depends on numerous factors. Our Independence personal injury attorney uses the evidence in your case to present a compelling and legally sound argument for maximum compensation for all damages.
Be Careful Talking to an Insurance Adjuster After a Personal Injury in Independence
You might be contacted by an investigator or claims adjuster for the insurance company before you complete medical treatment. They may request a recorded or written statement. The person might ask you questions about the incident that caused your injury, your injuries, and your overall health. A claims adjuster might even ask you to sign a medical records release. Your responses could hurt your chance of receiving the money you deserve for your injuries and damages.
It is not in your best interest to talk to the other party's insurance company without first consulting a personal injury attorney in Independence, Missouri.
Individuals working for the insurance company are not interested in paying you a fair settlement for your injury claim. They may tell you that they are working on getting you the most money possible for your claim, but that is not the case. Claims adjusters work to protect the insurance company's best interests, which is to pay you the least amount possible for your injury claim.
Claims adjusters and other insurance representatives are trained and highly-skilled professionals. They are trained to gather evidence that can be used against you in your case. An innocent statement you make could be twisted to imply that you are at fault for the cause of your injury.
Before you talk to the insurance company, call the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus at 816-203-0143 to talk to an Independence personal injury attorney. Our lawyers protect you from bad faith insurance practices.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Independence, Missouri
Many different accidents or incidents can result in a personal injury claim. If another party injures you, you might have one or more legal claims against that party. Those claims can result in compensation for damages.
Examples of situations in which a person may be injured by another party include:
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Car Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Defective Products
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Bicycle Accidents
- Fires and Explosions
- Slip and Fall Accidents
Even a minor accident could result in traumatic injuries. Accident victims may sustain traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, broken bones, whiplash, back injuries, amputations, and spinal cord injuries.
If you or your child sustained an injury caused by another person, seek immediate medical attention. As soon as possible, call 816-203-0143 to speak with our Independence personal injury lawyer.
Our lawyers also represent families who have lost a loved one because of another party's negligence or wrongdoing. Through a wrongful death claim, you can recover compensation for your losses and seek justice for your loved one and your family.
How an Independence Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Personal injury cases can be complicated, time-consuming, and expensive to investigate. By hiring a personal injury law firm in Independence, you do not need to worry about handling these aspects of a personal injury case. Our legal team handles matters such as:
- Identifying and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Searching for videos of the accident or incident
- Obtaining copies of medical records, police reports, and accident reports
- Identifying the parties responsible for your injury
- Reviewing insurance policies and filing insurance claims
- Monitoring deadlines for filing claims and personal injury lawsuits
- Working with experts and accident reconstructionists
- Documenting damages and calculating the value of your personal injury claim
- Negotiating a settlement that is fair and just
Most personal injury cases in Independence, MO, settle without filing a lawsuit. However, if the parties refuse to negotiate a settlement in good faith, we are prepared to file a personal injury lawsuit and fight aggressively in court to protect your best interests.
Our Independence Personal Injury Lawyers Are Here for You
We believe that everyone deserves access to sound legal advice. If you have questions about a personal injury claim, contact our office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Call 816-203-0143 now to speak with a representative.
Don't forget to download copies of our free personal injury books and browse our online content for more information about personal injury claims in Independence, Missouri.