Why You May Need a Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer
Does this sound familiar? You were recently injured in a car accident in Kansas or Missouri. The wreck was not your fault, but you are already getting calls or letters from the other driver's insurance company. You may be wondering: what they could possibly want when I'm still treating?
They may want you to record a statement or sign some documents, perhaps even a release. Some insurance companies even dissuade injured people from speaking with an attorney and try to get them to settle for a low-ball offer.
None of this is for your benefit. Despite what the adjuster may tell you, the insurance company of the at-fault party is not your friend. To them, your injuries are a merely a liability to be avoided, a number to be minimized. For this reason, you should be very careful taking any actions before at least talking with an experienced car accident attorney.
We can help. With an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, you are letting the insurance company know you are serious and will not stand for any hardball tactics. They will have to deal with a skilled legal advocate who believes in your case and is willing to take on the risk it will succeed.
Our Kansas City law firm handles all accident and injury claims on a contingency fee basis. This means our fee is contingent on your case succeeding. We front all the costs for your case, and we only get paid if we recover compensation for you.
How Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
- Download our attorney's free book, Crash Course: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim. This guide was written by our car accident attorney and will help you protect your legal rights and avoid the worst mistakes after a crash.
- Call our office at (816) 203-0143, and talk to our legal team today. You can also schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our attorney. We will provide an honest assessment of your case, including whether you may be able to handle your claim on your own without a lawyer. That's right -- some car accident claims can be handled without lawyer. If that's the case for you, we will tell you and share resources to help you settle your claim without a lawyer.
- Review our online articles, FAQs, blog posts and videos about accident and injury cases. If your question is not answered there, simply fill out the contact form or online chat and tell us more about your specific issue.
Our Kansas City car accident law firm has the skills, experience and resources necessary to maximize your recovery after a car accident. If you have suffered an injury in a car accident in Kansas or Missouri that requires medical treatment, you need to consult with an experienced car accident attorney who will guide you through the legal process and take care of the legal work so you can focus on getting better.
We provide free, confidential consultations and there is no obligation to hire our firm. We believe information is power, and we strive to provide anyone who contacts us with useful information about car accident claims so you can make the best decision possible about your case, even if you do not hire our law firm.
If you would like to discuss your case with an experienced car accident attorney, please contact our Kansas City law firm at 816-203-0143. We are here to help.
Contact Our Legal Team at 816-203-0143 for a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Missouri & Kansas
Whether you live in the Kansas City metro area or anywhere else in Kansas or Missouri, you will probably at some point be involved in a car accident. Every year, there are approximately 6 million car accidents in the U.S., and over 3 million people suffer car accident injuries. Over 30,000 people are killed each year from car crashes in Kansas and Missouri.
When evaluating a Kansas City car accident claim, it is critical to understand not only what happened but also why it happened. Below are some of the most common types or causes of car crashes Kansas City metro area and throughout Missouri & Kansas.
- Distracted driving. Every day, more than 9 people are killed due to distracted driving, which amounts to roughly 3,300 deaths in the U.S. The most common cause of distracted driving is cell phone use and texting while driving. In addition, distracted driving can include talking to passengers, eating, dressing, and listening to loud music. Our legal skills and expertise can investigate and help prove whether the other driver was distracted when the car crash occurred.
- Drunk or impaired driving. Driving while impaired or under the influence of alcohol is a dangerous and reckless act that puts thousands of innocent people at risk every day. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), 2 out of 3 people will be involved in a drunk driving accident during their lifetime. Our firm has helped victims and their families who were seriously injured car accidents caused by a drunk or impaired driver. In general, these accidents and the injuries they cause tend to be more serious, even life-changing or fatal. The loss can be so devastating and overwhelming that you may not know where to turn. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, please know that you have a right to seek justice and compensation for the injuries and loss sustained.
- Speeding, reckless driving. The rules that govern our roads are there for a reason—to help keep our streets and highways safe for all. When someone breaks these rules and exceeds the speed limit or ignores red lights, they are violating the law and your right to safety on our roads. Drivers who cause car wrecks by driving recklessly, whether by speeding, tailgating, and illegal passing, must be held accountable.
- Ride-sharing vehicles or delivery trucks. Car accidents that involve drivers for ride-sharing companies, such as Uber or Lyft, or other commercial vehicles, including delivery trucks like Amazon, UPS or Fed-Ex, businesses add a layer of legal complexity. An experienced car accident lawyer can help identify all the parties who may be at fault for the accident, and all potential insurance policies, so you recover the maximum amount for your injuries.
Regardless of whether your accident was caused by driver that was texting and driving, who was impaired or drunk, or who simply did not obey the rules of the road, our legal team has the experience, skills and resources to hold them accountable and recover the compensation that you deserve.
We can help you maximize the recovery in your case so you can get back to the life you want to live. Our office is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and we serve accident and injury clients throughout Kansas and Missouri. Call us today for a free, no obligation consultation at 816-203-0143.
Personal Injury Caused By Car Crashes in Kansas City
We have helped clients recover after all types of car crashes, including head-on collisions, t-bone wrecks, and rear-end accidents. While injuries may differ, in all of these cases our clients deserved justice for the harm and losses they suffered. Some of the more common car accident injuries are:
- Head or Brain Injuries
- Neck, Back or Spine Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Wrongful Death (Fatal Crashes)
From this list, it's clear that car accidents can often result in more than just inconvenience, they can also lead to massive medical bills, lost wages, costly future medical care and even permanent loss of life.
Our law firm works with clients who have experienced truly catastrophic damages, and we are ready to prepare every aspect of your case so you can maximize the recovery you deserve. Our experienced legal team can also help remove our clients’ stress so they can focus on getting better.
If you have suffered a life-changing injury in Missouri or Kansas, and are dealing with growing medical bills or difficult insurance adjusters, our legal team is here to help. Call us at 816-203-0143.
Recovering Damages After a Car Accident in Missouri or Kansas
Depending on the cause of the car accident and the injuries sustained, you may be entitled to fair and just compensation for the economic and non-economic losses caused by the crash. However, payments from insurance companies are rarely paid without demonstrating the ability to prepare and take your case to trial because insurance companies are hoping to pay as little as possible.
Hiring an experienced Kansas City car accident attorney and filing a civil claim is the best way to recover the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Such compensation may include money for:
- Property Damage
- Lost Wages and Loss of Future Earnings
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Physical Pain
- Emotional Distress
- Lost Quality of Life
- Punitive Damages
We Serve Car Accidents Clients Throughout Missouri & Kansas
Our car accident lawyer serves clients who are injured in accidents throughout Kansas and Missouri. In the Kansas City metro area, this includes but is not limited to Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte County, Missouri as well as Johnson, Wyandotte, Douglas and Leavenworth County, Kansas. In addition to Kansas City, some of the neighboring towns we commonly serve include:
- Blue Springs, Missouri
- Gladstone, Missouri
- Independence, Missouri
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Leawood, Kansas
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Liberty, Missouri
- Olathe, Kansas
- Raytown, Missouri
- Shawnee, Kansas
Looking for a Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer?
There are so many attorneys who say they handle car accidents, but they also practice 10 or 20 other areas of law. No one can do everything well. Some attorneys are more focused on talking about themselves and how great they are, but they never share any information that could help you with your case.
Our law firm is different. Our focus is accident and injury law, and we strive to provide you with useful information about car accidents and other injury claims so you can make the best decision possible, even if you do not hire our law firm.
That’s right. You may ask: why would we want to help anyone who is injured with free information, regardless of whether they hire our firm?
The answer is simple:
- We are truly sorry that a car accident has forced you to look for an attorney; and
- We want to help you to recover from your injuries so you can get back to living the life you deserve.
No one wants to have gone through what you are going through. The legal system can be confusing and difficult to navigate. But that's why we are here to provide helpful information – so you can make the best decision possible about your case.
Contact Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have questions, the easiest way to get them answered is for you to pick up the phone and call us.
Our conversation will be free, confidential and without any obligation. Just call us at 816-203-0143, and we will be happy to speak with you about your case. In addition, we will send you a free hard copy of our book Crash Course: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim. Don’t wait – call now.