Personal Injury Lawyer for Raytown, Missouri
When you are injured because of another person's wrongdoing or negligence, you might sustain serious physical injuries. You may also experience emotional and mental suffering and incur substantial economic damages because of the accident and your injury.
You deserve fair compensation for the damages caused by an accident or negligence. However, the insurance company for the at-fault party does not agree. The goal of the insurance company is to undervalue or deny your claim to avoid losing money.
Our personal injury lawyer handles cases in Raytown and throughout Missouri and Kansas. Call 816-203-0143 to schedule a free consultation. Do not let an insurance company cheat you out of the money you deserve after being injured in an accident. Let our Raytown personal injury attorney help you fight for fair and just compensation for all accident damages.
Do You Need Answers About a Raytown Personal Injury Case?
At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we understand that you may want and need answers to your questions quickly. Our Raytown personal injury lawyer provides free resources and information about personal injury cases that answer many of your questions.
Three ways you can get the information you need right now to help you with your personal injury case are:
1. Read about personal injury claims by accessing free resources in our online library. We provide a variety of articles, FAQs, and blogs about personal injury cases. There are also videos about personal injury claims. All of the materials are available to you free of charge.
2. Download a copy of our free personal injury book written by our Raytown personal injury attorney. It answers many of your questions about injury claims and provides helpful tips for avoiding mistakes that could hurt your case. There are several free personal injury books you can download that may help you with your claim.
3. Schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Raytown, Missouri. It does not cost you anything to receive an honest assessment of your personal injury case from an experienced Raytown personal injury lawyer. We offer virtual and in-person consultations. Call 816-203-0143 now to schedule your free appointment with an injury attorney in Raytown, MO.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Takes Cases on a Contingency Fee Basis
When you hire the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus to handle your personal injury case, you will not pay any upfront attorneys' fees. You only pay attorney fees when we recover an award for your injury claim. The fee is based on a percentage of the compensation we recover for your personal injury claim.
What a Raytown Personal Injury Lawyer Does for You After an Accident
The days and weeks after an accident can be physically painful and emotionally overwhelming. As you recover from your accident injuries, you may be unsure what steps to take to protect your legal right to compensation for your damages. It may be challenging or impossible for you to gather the evidence needed to prove fault and liability for an accident claim.
When you hire our personal injury attorney at the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, you can expect our legal team to:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation into how you were injured and identify all parties who might be responsible for your damages
- Gather and preserve critical evidence that proves the other party caused your injury and is responsible for your damages
- Retain experts to assist in your personal injury case, when necessary
- Document your damages and calculate the maximum value of your injury claim
- Handle all communications with the insurance company, including filing insurance claims
- Aggressively negotiate a fair settlement for your claim
- Fight for your best interests inside and outside of the courtroom
Our Raytown personal injury lawyer has the experience, skills, resources, and knowledge to handle the most complex personal injury cases. We are prepared and ready to take on large insurance companies and defense law firms to get you the maximum compensation available for your claim.
Types of Raytown Accidents That Cause Injuries
You can be injured in a variety of accidents or situations. Another party's negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing can result in a traumatic injury for you or your child. Examples of situations that could result in a personal injury claim include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Child injuries
- Bicycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Slip and fall accidents (premises liability claims)
- Injuries from defective products (product liability claims)
If you are injured in an accident, call our office to speak to a Raytown personal injury attorney. Your time to file a personal injury claim is limited by the Missouri statute of limitations. Waiting too long to talk with a lawyer could impact your legal rights.
Common Injuries That Require Help of a Raytown Personal Injury Attorney
All accident injuries should be treated as serious injuries. Until a physician examines you, you cannot be sure of the extent of your injuries. Symptoms of some accident injuries may not be noticed until a few hours or days after an accident. The shock of the accident could mask these symptoms.
Common accident injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Airbag and seatbelt injuries
- Internal organ damages
- Severe burns
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Neck, back, and spine injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
Documenting your injuries as soon as possible after an accident improves your chance of recovering fair compensation for your damages. Delays in medical care could have a negative impact on your case. An insurance company may use the delay in care to allege that the accident was not the cause of your injuries.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for My Raytown Personal Injury Claim?
The damages you might recover in a personal injury case vary. However, most accident victims recover compensation for damages such as:
- Medical expenses, including future medical treatment for permanent impairments
- Cost of personal care or in-home health care
- Loss of income and benefits, including decreases in future earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disabilities, permanent impairment, and disfigurement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life and decreases in quality of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses and financial losses
Careful documentation of damages increases the value of your personal injury claim. Our Raytown personal injury lawyer works with you and your physicians to document and maximize damages in your case.
Several factors could impact the value of your injury claim. For example, cases involving catastrophic injuries and permanent impairments may have a higher value than cases involving minor injuries. Allegations of contributory fault could reduce the value of your claim.
Our personal injury attorney in Raytown, MO, analyzes each factor that impacts the value of your personal injury claim. We strive to minimize factors that could hurt your case while maximizing the factors that increase your injury claim's value.
Reasons You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Raytown, Missouri
Some of the reasons you may want to consider hiring a Raytown personal injury include:
- You sustained life-threatening or catastrophic injuries
- Reduce your level of stress while you recover from your injuries
- Your child was injured in an accident
- An accident involved a commercial vehicle, large truck, or government vehicle/employee
- The insurance company blames you for causing the accident or alleges you contributed to the cause of your injury
- The other party denies liability for the cause of your injury
- The insurance company refuses to investigate the claim or is delaying the claim
- A family member died because of an accident or injury
- Your injuries resulted in permanent impairments
The above list is just a handful of reasons why you may want to contact an attorney after an accident. At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we believe that all accident victims can benefit from taking advantage of our free consultation to discuss their situation with a personal injury lawyer in Raytown, MO.
Get Help From a Raytown Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you still have questions about a personal injury claim, download a copy of our free personal injury book. You may also contact our office by calling 816-203-0143 or completing our online contact form.
Our friendly, knowledgeable member of our legal team can provide additional information and schedule a free consultation with our Raytown personal injury lawyer. We offer virtual and in-person consultations.