Why You May Need a Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer
Whether you live in the Kansas City metro area or anywhere else in Kansas or Missouri, you will probably at some point be involved in a car accident. Every year, there are approximately 6 million car accidents in the U.S., and over 3 million people suffer car accident injuries. Over 30,000 people are killed each year from car crashes in Kansas and Missouri.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you have probably already received calls or letters from the insurance company. They may want you to record a statement, have you sign a medical release, or even be trying to get you to settle your case for an initial, low-ball offer. Some insurance companies even try to dissuade injured people from speaking with an attorney.
None of this is for your benefit, and you should not take any of these actions before at least consulting with an attorney about your case. Despite what they may tell you, the insurance company adjuster of the at-fault party is not your friend. To them, your injuries are a merely a liability to be avoided, a number to be minimized.
By having an experienced Kansas City car accident lawyer on your side, you are letting the insurance company know that you are serious and will not stand for their hardball tactics. They will have to deal with a skilled legal advocate who believes in your case and is willing to take on the risk that it will succeed. This is because most personal injury law attorneys, including our firm, handle car accident claims on a contingency fee. A contingency fee is contingent on your case succeeding, meaning we front all the costs for your case and only receive a legal fee and reimbursement for our costs if we recover money on your behalf.
Our legal team has the skills, experience and resources necessary to successfully handle your car accident case. If you have suffered an injury in a car accident in Kansas or Missouri that requires medical treatment, you need to consult with an experienced car accident attorney who will guide you through the legal process and take of the legal work necessary to maximize your claim so you can focus on getting better.
We provide free, confidential consultations and there is no obligation to hire our firm. If you would like to discuss your case with an experienced car accident attorney, please contact our Kansas City law office for a free, confidential consultation. We are here to help. In addition, our website provides you with free information and resources to help you evaluate your case and protect your legal rights after being injured in an accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Missouri & Kansas
When evaluating a Kansas City car accident claim, it is critical to understand not only what happened but also why it happened. Below are some of the most common types or causes of car crashes Kansas City metro area and throughout Missouri & Kansas.
- Distracted driving. Every day, more than 9 people are killed due to distracted driving, which amounts to roughly 3,300 deaths in the U.S. The most common cause of distracted driving is cell phone use and texting while driving. In addition, distracted driving can include talking to passengers, eating, dressing, and listening to loud music. Our legal skills and expertise can investigate and help prove whether the other driver was distracted when the car crash occurred.
- Drunk or impaired driving. Driving while impaired or under the influence of alcohol is a dangerous and reckless act that puts thousands of innocent people at risk every day. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), 2 out of 3 people will be involved in a drunk driving accident during their lifetime. Our firm has helped victims and their families who were seriously injured car accidents caused by a drunk or impaired driver. In general, these accidents and the injuries they cause tend to be more serious, even life-changing or fatal. The loss can be so devastating and overwhelming that you may not know where to turn. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, please know that you have a right to seek justice and compensation for the injuries and loss sustained.
- Speeding, reckless driving. The rules that govern our roads are there for a reason—to help keep our streets and highways safe for all. When someone breaks these rules and exceeds the speed limit or ignores red lights, they are violating the law and your right to safety on our roads. Drivers who cause car wrecks by driving recklessly, whether by speeding, tailgating, and illegal passing, must be held accountable.
- Ride-sharing or commercial vehicles. Car accidents that involve drivers for ride-sharing companies, such as Uber or Lyft, or other businesses add a layer of legal complexity. An experienced car accident lawyer can help identify all the parties who may be at fault for the accident, and all potential insurance policies, so you recover the maximum amount for your injuries.
Regardless of whether your accident was caused by driver that was texting and driving, who was impaired or drunk, or who simply did not obey the rules of the road, our legal team has the experience, skills and resources to hold them accountable and recover the compensation that you deserve.
Common Injuries Caused By Car Wrecks
We have helped clients recover after all types of car crashes, including head-on collisions, t-bone wrecks, and rear-end accidents. While injuries may differ, in all of these cases our clients deserved justice for the harm and losses they suffered. Some of the more common car accident injuries are:
These injuries often result in more than just pain and suffering, they can also lead to massive medical bills, lost wages, and costly future medical care.
Our law firm works with clients who have experienced truly catastrophic damages, and we are ready to prepare every aspect of your case so you can maximize the recovery you deserve. Our experienced legal team can also help remove our clients’ stress so they can focus on getting better. If you have suffered a life-changing injury in Missouri or Kansas, and are dealing with growing medical bills or difficult insurance adjusters, our legal team is here to help.
Recovering Damages After a Car Accident in Missouri or Kansas
Depending on the cause of the car accident and the injuries sustained, you may be entitled to fair and just compensation for the economic and non-economic losses caused by the crash. However, payments from insurance companies are rarely paid without demonstrating the ability to prepare and take your case to trial because insurance companies are hoping to pay as little as possible.
Hiring an experienced Kansas City car accident attorney and filing a civil claim is the best way to recover the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Such compensation may include money for:
- Property Damage
- Lost Wages and Loss of Future Earnings
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Physical Pain
- Emotional Distress
- Lost Quality of Life
- Punitive Damages
Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer Can Help With Your Case Now
- Download our free book, Crash Course: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim in Missouri & Kansas. This book written by attorney Kevin J. McManus can help you take action to protect your legal rights and avoid the worst mistakes.
- Call our office at (816) 203-0143, and talk to our legal team today. You can also schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our attorney.
- Review our online library articles (like this article on how to maximize your recovery), FAQs, videos and blog posts about accident and injury cases. If your question is not answered online, fill out the contact form below and tell us more about your specific issue.
Our legal team wants to help you maximize the recovery in your case so you can get back to the life you want to live. Our office is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and we serve accident and injury clients throughout Kansas and Missouri.
Looking for a Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer?
There are so many attorneys who say they handle car accidents, but they also practice 10 or 20 other areas of law. No one can do everything well. Some attorneys are more focused on talking about themselves and how great they are, but they never share any information that could help you with your case.
Our law firm is different. Our sole focus is accident and injury law, and we strive to provide you with useful information about car accidents and other injury claims so you can make the best decision possible, even if you do not hire our law firm.
That’s right. You may ask: why would we want to help anyone who is injured with free information, regardless of whether they hire our firm?
The answer is simple:
- We are truly sorry that a car accident has forced you to look for an attorney; and
- We want to help you to recover from your injuries so you can get back to living the life you deserve.
No one wants to have gone through what you are going through. The legal system can be confusing and difficult to navigate. But that's why we are here to provide helpful information – so you can make the best decision possible about your case.
Contact Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have questions, the easiest way to get them answered is for you to pick up the phone and call us.
Our conversation will be free, confidential and without any obligation. Just call us at 816-203-0143, and we will be happy to speak with you about your case. In addition, we will send you a free hard copy of our book Crash Course: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim in Missouri & Kansas. Don’t wait – call now.