Personal Injury Attorney for Leawood, Kansas
An accident or injury can cause significant harm and damages. If another person is responsible for causing your injury, that person should be held financially liable for your pain, suffering, and economic losses. Our Leawood personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus fight to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
Do not be fooled by advertising campaigns or highly-trained insurance adjusters who try to convince you that they want to help you after an accident or injury. The insurance company has one goal – pay as little as possible to close your claim.
You deserve to be treated fairly after an accident. You deserve to be compensated fully for your injuries and damages. We want to help ensure that you are treated with respect and recover a fair settlement for your accident claim.
If you have questions, call our office now at 816-203-0143 to speak with one of our friendly, knowledgeable staff members.
Get Help Right Now From an Experienced Leawood Personal Injury Attorney
It is normal to feel overwhelmed after an accident or injury. If you are unsure what to do next, we want to help. At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we believe in providing injured victims with the information and help they need as quickly as possible.
Three ways that you can get the information you need right now about a personal injury in Leawood, Kansas, include:
1. Call our office for a free consultation with a Leawood personal injury attorney. It does not cost you anything to talk with a lawyer about your case. We offer in-person and virtual consultations. Call 816-203-0143 to schedule your free appointment with an attorney.
2. Read about personal injury cases in our online library of blogs, articles, and FAQs. You can also watch videos explaining about personal injury cases and answering common questions about personal injury claims. These resources are available free of charge.
3. Get a free copy of our personal injury book and other books about personal injury. The personal injury books are available for download on our website. Our Leawood personal injury lawyer wrote these books and made them available at no charge.
Our Leawood Personal Injury Lawyer Only Gets Paid If You Win
We accept cases on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay any money up front for attorneys' fees. Our attorneys' fees are only paid when we recover compensation for your injury claim.
Most injury victims benefit from consulting with and hiring a Leawood personal injury lawyer. At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we make it as easy as possible for you to get an honest assessment of your case by offering a free consultation and free information about personal injury cases on our website.
Before you talk with an insurance adjuster or accept a personal injury settlement, talk to us. We want to make sure that you are being treated fairly and receive the maximum compensation available for your injury claim.
How Can Our Leawood Personal Injury Attorneys Help You?
What can a personal injury attorney in Leawood, Kansas do for you? A personal injury attorney can protect you from being taken advantage of by insurance companies who care more about their profits than injured victims.
A Leawood personal injury lawyer can also relieve some of the stress you may be experiencing after an injury or accident by handling your claim while you focus on your recovery.
When you hire the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus to handle your personal injury case, you can expect our Leawood personal injury attorney to:
- Investigate your injury case by interviewing witnesses, obtaining copies of accident reports, searching for video evidence of the accident, and taking all other steps to uncover evidence related to fault and liability
- Identify each of the parties who caused your injury
- File all insurance claims and handle settlement negotiations
- Work with you and your physicians to document the extent of your injuries and damages
- Document your damages and calculate the value of your injury claim
- File a personal injury lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to negotiate a fair settlement
- Fight to protect your best interests inside and outside of the courtroom
Our personal injury attorneys in Leawood have substantial experience handling injury cases. Our law firm has the resources available to fight large insurance companies, hire expert witnesses, and do whatever is necessary to protect you.
When You May Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Leawood, KS
When you are injured in an accident in Leawood or anywhere in the Kansas City area, you may be unsure what steps to take to protect yourself. Having a Leawood personal injury lawyer to guide you through the steps of seeking compensation for damages can be comforting. It can also help you recover the maximum compensation available for your claim.
Our legal team handles injury claims related to situations involving:
- Car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents (premises liability claims)
- Truck accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Injuries to children
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Accidents involving defective products (product liability claims)
If you or your child has sustained an injury because of another person's negligence or wrongdoing, we want to help. Our legal team diligently works to hold the person responsible for your pain and suffering accountable for their actions.
Common Injuries from Accidents in Leawood, Kansas
The injuries caused by accidents may vary from mild to severe or life-threatening. Regardless of the severity of your injury, it is in your best interest to seek immediate medical treatment after an accident. Insurance companies often use delays in medical care to fight accident claims.
Examples of injuries that victims may sustain in an accident include, but are not limited to:
- Neck, back, and spine injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Chest injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Damage to internal organs
- Severe burns
- Airbag and seatbelt injuries
Any of the above injuries could result in permanent disabilities or impairments. The cost of treating injuries and providing for long-term care could total millions of dollars. You should not be responsible for paying for your care and treatment when you were not responsible for causing the accident.
Our personal injury lawyer in Leawood fights to maximize your recovery for injuries and damages. We believe that the party who caused your injury should compensate you fully for the damage caused by their negligence or recklessness.
What’s a Fair Settlement for a Personal Injury Claim in Leawood, Kansas?
The amount of money you can receive for a personal injury case depends on several factors. Some of the factors that impact the value of your claim include:
- The type of injury caused by the accident
- Whether your injury results in a disabling condition or permanent impairment
- The length of your recovery
- The strength of the evidence against the other party
- Whether you contributed to the cause of the accident or your injury
- The insurance coverage available for the claim
- The total economic losses incurred because of the injury
- Whether a government entity is involved in the accident
There could be other factors that impact your claim. Our Leawood personal injury attorney carefully analyzes each factor to minimize the negative factors and maximize the factors that could increase your claim's value.
Types of Compensation for Personal Injury Claims in Leawood, KS
The types of damages you could receive also depend on the facts of your case. Generally, most accident victims are entitled to compensation for their:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Personal care costs and in-home health care costs
- Loss of wages, benefits, salaries, and other forms of income
- Decreases in the future earning potential
- Permanent impairments, disabilities, and disfigurement
- Mental, emotional, and physical pain and suffering
- Decreases in the quality of life or enjoyment of life
Let our legal team help you document your damages and fight for the maximum award for your injury claim.
Should I Talk to an Insurance Adjuster About My Leawood Personal Injury Claim?
It is usually in your best interest to talk with a personal injury attorney in Leawood before talking to an insurance adjuster about your case. The adjuster works for the insurance company. His job is to limit the insurance company's liability for your claim.
An insurance adjuster may pressure you to make a formal statement or sign a medical authorization form. The insurance company may offer you a quick settlement to close your case. All of these steps are designed to undervalue or deny your insurance claim.
Before you sign any documents, answer questions, or accept a settlement offer, let our attorney review your case. Make sure you have the information you need to make a decision that is in your best interest. Do not be fooled or tricked into giving up thousands of dollars that you deserve after an accident or injury.
Get Help from Our Personal Injury Lawyer After an Accident in Leawood, Kansas
We understand that you have been through a difficult and emotional experience. At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we provide the legal advice and support accident victims need as they continue to recover from injuries and fight for fair compensation for their damages.
Contact our office to schedule your free consultation with a Leawood personal injury lawyer by calling 816-203-0143 or completing our online contact form.Remember to download a free copy of our personal injury book for more information about injury claims in Kansas.