Car Accident Attorney in Blue Springs, MO
After a car accident in Blue Springs, the last thing you want is the stress and anxiety that comes from dealing with insurance companies. Some insurance claims adjusters pressure accident victims to settle claims before the person completes medical treatment. This tactic is used to pay little to nothing for a claim that might be worth much more money. Our Blue Springs car accident attorney is ready to protect your legal rights and maximize the value of your claim.
It is important to keep in mind that the insurance company and claims adjuster are not on your side after an injury accident. The insurance company's goal is to minimize claims, and it has a team of professionals working to protect its interests. However, you can level the playing field by speaking with an experienced Blue Springs, MO car accident attorney.
At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, our clients’ best interests are our top priority. Our car accident attorney helps those who are injured in accidents in Blue Springs, Missouri and has the experience to advocate for a fair settlement for your injury claim.
Contact our office by calling 816-203-0143 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Blue Springs car accident attorney. Below is more information about Blue Springs car accident claims and the steps to take after being injured in a car crash.
How Our Blue Springs Car Accident Attorney Can Help
You may wonder how we could help you right now as you read this information. Ways that we can help you right now include:
- Provide You With Free Information.
Download a FREE copy of the car accident guide written by our Blue Springs car accident attorney. In his book, Crash Course: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim, our lawyer discuses car accident cases. He also discusses ways to avoid common mistakes that hurt your chances of recovering the full value of your injury claim.
- Access Our Extensive Online Car Accident Library
We have developed a variety of videos, blog posts, articles, and FAQs about car accidents that you have access to free of charge. You may find the answers to many of your car accident questions in these resources.
- Call Us at 816-203-0143 for a Free Consultation
Contact our office now to speak with a member of our legal team. You can ask questions, obtain more information, or request a free, no-obligation consultation with our car accident attorney in Blue Springs, MO.
Car accident cases can be complicated and frustrating. You have been injured by a negligent or reckless driver. You deserve compensation for your injuries, losses, and damages.
We believe everyone deserves access to competent legal services. Therefore, we provide free case reviews. It does not cost you anything to talk to a Blue Springs car accident attorney. Also, we accept car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay any attorneys’ fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Please contact our office by calling 816-203-0143 to request your free, no-obligation consultation with a car accident attorney in Blue Springs, MO.
How Much Is My Blue Springs Car Accident Case Worth?
The amount of money you may receive for a car accident claim depends on numerous factors. Factors that can affect how much your car accident claim is worth include, but are not limited to:
- The severity and type of your injuries;
- The amount of your financial losses;
- Whether you share responsibility for the cause of the crash;
- How long it takes you to recover from your injuries;
- Whether you sustain a permanent impairment or disability; and,
- The amount of insurance and resources available to pay your claim.
Our Blue Springs car accident attorney carefully reviews all factors in your case to calculate the maximum value for your car accident claim.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Blue Springs Car Accident?
Damages in a car accident claim include economic (financial) damages and noneconomic (pain & suffering) damages.
Examples of economic damages that might be included in your claim are:
- Emergency room and hospital bills
- Ambulance charges
- Doctor’s bills
- Physical therapy and other therapy bills
- Medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Travel expenses
- Personal care costs
- Loss of income, including past and future lost wages and benefits
- Loss of earning potential
Examples of economic damages that might be included in your claim are:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental anguish
- PTSD, depression, and anxiety
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disability and permanent impairments
Our legal team works with you and your doctors to document your damages. The more evidence we gather to support your claim, the better chance you have of receiving full compensation for damages.
Common Causes of Blue Springs Car Accidents
There are many reasons why car accidents occur in Blue Springs and throughout Missouri. Many of the reasons for car crashes involve poor driving decisions. A driver engages in dangerous driving behavior or makes an error in judgment that results in a car accident.
Some common car accident types or causes of car crashes in Blue Springs are:
- Drunk Driving and Drugged Driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can result in criminal charges, but it can also result in civil liability for the intoxicated driver.
- Speeding and Reckless Driving. Aggressive driving can increase the risk of a car accident. Speeding accidents often result in severe injuries and wrongful deaths.
- Drowsy Driving and Fatigued Driving. Drivers who are tired or drowsy have a higher risk of being involved in a car accident. Some resources state that drowsy driving can be as dangerous as drunk driving.
- Distracted Driving. It takes just a few seconds for a distracted driving accident to occur. Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road or operating the vehicle can result in a distracted driving accident.
- Commercial Truck Accidents. Accidents involving large trucks or semi-trucks can be very dangerous for the occupants of other vehicles. However, delivery trucks and other large vehicles can also cause deadly accidents.
- Ridesharing Accidents. Accidents involving Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare companies can be challenging to settle. The rideshare company may share some liability for damages, but the cases are complicated because rideshare drivers are independent contractors.
If you are injured in a car accident, it is best to speak with a Blue Springs car accident attorney as soon as possible. Your attorney can help you take steps that protect your legal rights. Additionally, our legal team provides support and guidance as you begin the process of seeking compensation for damage after a Blue Springs car crash. We are here to help you during each phase of your car accident case.
Common Injuries in Blue Springs Car Crashes
Car accidents can result in many injuries. Some injuries from car accidents may heal entirely with time, rest, and appropriate medical treatment.
Sadly, some accident victims may sustain permanent disability and life-altering impairments. When a person sustains a permanent impairment, the person might be entitled to additional compensation for future damages. Medical experts, economists, and other experts are often used to accurately estimate future medical expenses and future loss of income or diminished earning capacity.
Common car accident injuries our law firm handles include, but is not limited to:
- Brain Injuries
- Severe Burns
- Fractures and Broken Bones
- Internal Organ Damage
- Neck, Shoulder, & Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Injuries to Children
- Emotional and Mental Trauma
Recovering from your injuries should be your first priority. Dealing with a claim can result in stress that can prevent you from healing fully. Let our Blue Springs car accident attorney and legal team deal with that stress while you focus on your recovery and your family.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Blue Springs, MO
Here's a quick checklist of what you should do after a Blue Springs car accident:
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Do not admit fault for the accident. Saying you are sorry could be interpreted as admitting fault.
- If you can do so safely, try to take pictures of the accident scene. Making a video of the crash site is also a good idea.
- Whenever possible, try to get the names and contact information for eyewitnesses.
- As soon as possible after the accident, see a doctor. If you believe you are injured, go to the emergency room by ambulance. Adrenaline and the shock of being in an accident can mask some injury symptoms. Seeing a doctor is the only way to know for sure if you were injured. Also, you need to document your injuries as soon as possible to avoid problems with your car accident claim.
When you are in a stable condition, please call our office at 816-203-0143 to get a free consultation with a car accident attorney in Blue Springs, MO. Protecting your health is the top priority, but you also need to protect your legal rights. Insurance adjusters are not going to give you good advice. You need advice from a trusted car accident attorney to ensure that you are not being cheated out of the compensation you deserve after a car crash.
Contact a Blue Springs Car Accident Attorney
We are sorry this has happened to you. We are here for you and your family during this difficult time in your lives. At The Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we place the best interests of our client first. Our legal team is available when you need someone you can trust.
Call 816-203-0143 to request a free consultation with our car accident attorney in Blue Springs, MO.