Leawood, KS Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents in Leawood, Kansas can result in catastrophic injuries, emotional trauma, and financial damages. When you or a family member is injured in a car crash, you need a Leawood car accident attorney with experience to fight for fair compensation for your damages. The personal injury lawyers of the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus aggressively fight for injured victims throughout Missouri and Kansas, including Leawood.
Call our law firm now at 816-203-0143 to schedule a free consultation with an injury lawyer. Learn how we can help you protect your rights and get the money you deserve after an auto accident.
How Can Our Leawood Car Accident Lawyers Help You?
We understand that you have questions about car accident claims. Our lawyers also understand that you may be unsure whether you need a car accident attorney in Leawood, KS, to handle your claim. We want to help you right now.
Three ways we can help you right now as you consider your options after a car accident in Leawood, Kansas:
1. Provide You With a Free Book About Car Accident Claims
Our Leawood car accident lawyers wrote a book to help accident victims. Our eBook, Crash Course: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim, gives you information about car accident claims that you can use right now. Even if you do not hire our law firm, the eBook is free upon request.
2. Access to Our Library of Car Accident Blogs
We have developed a significant library of car accident blogs and articles that are free to anyone who has questions about an auto accident claim. We also have videos and FAQsabout car accidents that provide helpful information.
3. Free Consultation with a Leawood Car Accident Attorney
The Law Office of Kevin J. McManus offers free consultations for accident victims and their families. During your free appointment, you learn about your legal rights and options. We are happy to answer all your questions so that you can make a decision about your case that is in your best interest.
Call 816-203-0143 now for your free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Leawood, KS.
Hiring a Car Accident Attorney in Leawood to Handle My Claim
Insurance companies have unlimited resources to fight car accident claims. Many accident victims do not have the same resources. However, hiring a Leawood car accident law firm evens the playing field. Having our legal team on your side means that you have a team of lawyers and legal professionals who:
- Investigate the cause of the car crash to gather crucial evidence to prove the other driver was responsible for causing the accident;
- Locate and interviewing eyewitnesses to obtain statements;
- Order medical records and working with your physicians to prove the accident was responsible for causing your injuries;
- Work with you to document your pain and suffering, as well as your financial losses;
- Identify all potential sources of compensation, including insurance policies and parties who may be liable for your damages;
- Prepare and filing insurance claims and monitoring deadlines in your case;
- Work with experts to prove liability and maximize the amount of your damages;
- Prepare and submit detailed demand settlement packages to the insurance company;
- Handle settlement negotiations with the insurance company; and,
- Prepare and file a car accident lawsuit, if the insurance companies refuse to agree to a fair settlement for your auto accident claim.
Insurance law and personal injury law can be complicated. Our Leawood car accident lawyers understand these laws and how to use these laws to protect your legal right to compensation after a car accident.
Instead of trying to handle your claim without a lawyer, call 816-203-0143 for a free consultation to discuss how we can help you get the compensation you deserve after a car crash in Leawood.
Common Injuries Caused by Car Crashes in Leawood, KS
Car accident victims may sustain a variety of injuries. The type of car accident can have an impact on the types of injuries. For instance, head-on crashes and rollover crashes can result in catastrophic injuries, while rear-end accidents can cause neck injuries. However, any type of car accident can result in traumatic injuries that alter your life forever.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken Bones
- Skull Fractures
- Amputations and Loss of Limb
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Facial Injuries and Scarring
- Complex Fractures
- Chest Injuries
- Internal Organ Damage
- Burns and Disfigurement
Immediate medical treatment can improve your chance of a full recovery. It can also improve your chance of recovering full compensation for your injuries and damages. A delay in medical care or failing to follow a treatment plan could hurt your car accident case.
What Damages Can I Include In My Car Accident Claim?
The damages included in car accident claims depend on the case. Each claim is unique and based on the victim’s injuries and recovery. However, there are common damages that are included in most car accident claims.
Damages that could be included in your car accident claim are:
- Past and Future Medical Bills and Personal Care Expenses
- Past and Future Loss of Income and Benefits
- Diminished Earning Potential
- Travel Expenses and Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses
- Physical Pain and Suffering
- Mental Anguish and Emotional Suffering
- PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Disabilities and Permanent Impairments
Documentation of injuries and damages increases the value of your claim. Always keep copies of all receipts, bills, and invoices. Make careful notes about your pain level, things you cannot do because of your injuries, and loss of income and opportunities. Our legal team guides you through this process so that you are never alone in trying to decide what should be included in your notes about damages.
What Should I Do After a Leawood Car Accident?
Call 911 to report the crash. The operator dispatches police officers and emergency medical services to the accident scene.
Other steps to take after a car accident include:
- Check to see if other individuals need help.
- Take photographs and make videos of the accident scene.
- Ask eyewitnesses for contact information.
- Do not admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Do not discuss the accident online or on social media. Avoid using social media while your car accident case is pending.
- Avoid talking to insurance adjusters or investigators until you discuss your case with a Leawood car accident attorney.
- Keep careful records and notes of expenses and financial losses.
- Contact our car accident attorneys in Leawood for a free consultation to discuss your case.
The steps that you take after a car accident can impact the outcome of a personal injury case. For assistance right now, download our free eBook, Crash Course: An Insider's Guide to Accident & Injury Law in Kansas & Missouri, which will help you avoid some of the common mistakes people make after car accidents. Our Leawood car accident attorneys and our legal team can also provide free support and guidance throughout the claims process to help increase your chance of success.
Contact Our Leawood, KS Car Accident Lawyer
The lawyers of The Law Office of Kevin J. McManus has significant experience representing car accident victims in Leawood. We have been fighting for the rights of accident victims for many years. Put our expertise, skills, and resources to work for you.
We accept most accident claims on a contingency fee basis. You do not need to worry about paying attorneys’ fees until we recover money for your injury claim. You can have a legal team working for you without fear of paying attorneys’ fees until we recover money for your claim.
Call 816-203-0143 for a free consultation with a car accident attorney in Leawood, KS.