Do You Need Our Car Accident Attorney in Independence, MO?
If you were injured in a car accident in Independence, MO, you may be wondering: "Do I need to hire a lawyer?" If you ask the claims adjuster for the insurance company, the adjuster will almost certainly say “no.” Of course, the adjuster is not looking out for your best interest. The claims adjuster’s job is to pay you as little as possible. The insurance company for the other driver wants to maximize profits - not to pay you full value for your claim.
In most car accident cases with injuries, you will benefit from having our Independence car accident attorney who is focused on protecting your legal rights. You need someone whose only goal is what is in your best interest. That is what we do at the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus. We look out for your best interest.
If you are injured in a car accident in Independence, we want to help. Call our office today at 816-203-0143 or through our website email or chat to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Independence car accident attorney. Let our legal team guide you through the process of filing an injury claim and recovering compensation for your damages.
How Our Car Accident Attorney Can Help
An accident is a stressful, traumatic event. You may be unsure what to do after a car accident in Independence, MO. If so, we want to help you make the best decision possible. With that thought in mind, we can provide you with additional information to help you decide how to handle your car accident claim.
1. Get your free copy of our book about car accident claims. The book provides valuable information about the claims process, including how to avoid common mistakes that hurt your chance of recovering maximum compensation for your car accident claim. Request your copy of “Crash Court: 9 Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Accident Claim” now.
2. Review information about car accident claims online. We have an extensive library of content that provides additional information about injury claims. Watch our videos and browse through our FAQs, blogs, and articles at your convenience.
3. Call our office at 816-203-0143 to speak with a member of our legal team. We want to hear about what happened to you so that we can provide information that helps you decide whether you need an attorney for your car accident case. If you do not need an attorney, we are upfront and honest with you. We even provide additional information to help you handle your claim on your own.
Our Independence car accident attorney has extensive experience handling personal injury claims. Traffic accidents are common. However, when it is you or your family member that is the victim, it can be a life-altering matter.
Get the legal advice you need before settling a car accident claim to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve from the party who caused your injury.
Call us today at 816-203-0143 for your free, no-obligation consultation with our Independence, Missouri car accident attorney.
What Causes Car Accidents in Independence, MO?
Many factors may lead to a car crash. Factors that can contribute to the cause of a car accident include, but are not limited to:
- Impaired Driving (drunk driving and drugged driving)
- Fatigued or Drowsy Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Reckless Driving and Road Rage
- Following Too Closely
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Dangerous Road Conditions
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Other Traffic Offenses
Our Independence car accident attorney thoroughly investigates the cause of an accident to determine what led to the accident. Without evidence proving that the other driver caused the car accident, you cannot recover compensation for your injury claim.
Damages That Can Be Recovered After a Car Accident
When someone is injured in a car crash, that person may sustain a variety of damages. The damages include financial losses and expenses. However, damages from a car accident also include physical and emotional injuries.
Common damages included in an Independence car accident claim are:
- Medical Bills and Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Diminished Earning Potential and Future Lost Wages
- Ongoing Medical and Personal Care
- Permanent Disability and Impairments
- Physical Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Quality of Life
- Emotional and Mental Suffering
Calculating the value of a car accident claim can be difficult, especially in cases involving permanent impairments and disabilities. The insurance company for the other driver will not give you an accurate value for your claim. It wants to pay as little as possible for your claim.
Our Independence car accident attorney helps you document your damages to maximize the value of your claim. Without our attorney to advise you of the value of your car accident claim, you could receive much less money than your car accident claim is worth.
Call us today at 816-203-0143 to discuss how much compensation you should receive after being injured in a car accident in Independence, MO.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Independence, MO?
Your safety and health is your first concern. Call 911 to report the crash and request assistance from emergency medical services in Independence. Even though you may not believe you are seriously injured, the shock of being in a car accident and the adrenaline in your system could mask injury symptoms. It is best to be checked out by medical personnel after a car accident.
Common injuries from car accidents in Independence include, but are not limited to:
- Brain and Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Concussions and Skull Fractures
- Neck and Shoulder Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Fatal Crashes and Wrongful Deaths
Prompt medical attention protects your health and your legal rights to file an injury claim. Delays in medical care could hurt your injury claim. Insurance companies use delays in medical treatment to allege the car crash did not cause your injuries.
Other steps to take after a car accident in Independence to protect your legal rights and help build a case against the other driver include:
- Make a video of the car accident scene and take photographs of the scene.
- Ask eyewitnesses to give you their names and contact information.
- Never admit fault or apologize for the car accident.
- Do not talk to a claims adjuster or provide any statements to an insurance company without speaking with an Independence car accident attorney.
- Do not sign any medical waivers or authorizations without an attorney.
- Stop using social media until you talk to a lawyer.
- Follow up with your doctor and continue your treatment plan until your doctor releases you from treatment.
- Keep copies of all documents, receipts, records, and bills related to the accident or your injuries.
As soon as possible, contact our Independence accident attorney to help navigate the way forward. Call our office at 816-203-0143 to request a free, no-obligation consultation. We can help you take the steps necessary to protect your rights and recover a fair settlement for your car accident claim.
Accepting Early Settlement Offers from the Insurance Company
Once you settle a car accident in Independence, you cannot pursue a lawsuit against the parties for more money. Therefore, if you accept a quick settlement offer from the insurance company, we may not be able to help you if you discover that you have additional injuries or damages.
For that reason, before you agree to a settlement offer, let our Independence car accident attorney review the offer. Let us help you make sure that you receive a fair amount for your injury claim.
Insurance adjusters can be aggressive when trying to settle a claim. If an insurance company is pressuring you to settle your injury claim before you finish medical treatment, that can be a sign that the company is trying to avoid paying a fair amount for your claim. Do not fall for this common insurance tactic. Get advice and counsel from our Independence car accident attorney before you sign any documents for the insurance company.
Contact Our Independence Car Accident Attorney Today
The legal team of the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus is here for you. We are genuinely sorry for the pain and suffering you and your family have endured because of a car accident. Let us handle the legal aspects of your injury claim so that you can focus your attention on recovering physically and emotionally from the accident.
Call us today at 816-203-0143 or contact us through our website email or chat for a free consultation. We can answer your questions and provide you with a strategy for an injury claim. When you hire our firm, you do not pay any attorneys’ fees, we work on a contingency fee basis. You can also instantly download our free book on How to Avoid Wrecking Your Claim. We're on your side!