Overland Park Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident or because of another party’s negligence in Overland Park, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and damages under Kansas law. How do you get the money you deserve after an injury? What happens if the other party refuses to compensate you for damages? Our personal injury lawyer in Overland Park, Kansas is here to answer those questions for you.
Personal injury claims can be complicated and insurance companies, defense attorneys, and at-fault parties do not have your best interests at heart. They want to pay you as little as possible to resolve your personal injury case.
Our Overland Park personal injury lawyer can help!
Our law firm has extensive experience handling personal injury claims in Overland Park and throughout Kansas. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we are not paid until we recover money for your injury claim.
How Our Overland Park Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you were injured in Overland Park, Kansas, here's how we can help right now:
- Call 816-203-0143 now for a free consultation. We do not charge you for reviewing your personal injury case and there is no-obligation hire our firm. Call us today to discuss your case.
- Download our free books. Do you want more information about Kansas personal injury claims? We have a free injury guide book, you can download right now to learn how to recover fair compensation for your personal injury claim, and other topics related to personal injury cases.
- Review free information about personal injury claims. We have an extensive library of blogs, articles, videos, and FAQs about all types of personal injury cases. If you do not see the answer to your question in our library, call us at 816-203-0143 for more information.
Our Overland Park personal injury lawyer strives to provide you with the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. We are passionate about helping accident victims recover the compensation they deserve from the negligent parties who caused their injuries.
We understand that you've been through a traumatic event. Our legal team is here to reduce your stress and anxiety by handling all aspects of your personal injury claim. We handle the legal matters so that you can focus on your recovery and wellbeing.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Personal Injury in Overland Park?
The damages you might receive in a personal injury case depends on numerous factors. Your injuries, financial damages, insurance coverage, comparative fault, and applicable personal injury laws can impact the value of your injury claim. Our Overland Park personal injury attorney thoroughly investigates each factor involved in your case to maximize the value of your claim.
Most victims are entitled to compensation for damages including:
- Medical care and treatment
- Physical, occupational, vocational, and other therapies
- Loss of income, including benefits, bonuses, commissions, salaries, and wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Permanent impairments, disfigurements, scarring, and disabilities
- Mental trauma and emotional distress
- Psychological injuries, including PTSD, depression, and anxiety
- Loss of quality of life
The value of your damages depends on the total of your financial damages and the severity of your injuries. Careful documentation of damages increases the chance you receive maximum value for your claim. We work with you, your doctors, and experts, when necessary, to ensure that all damages are documented.
You can help by seeking immediate medical treatment after an injury. Delays in medical care can adversely affect your personal injury case. Additionally, keep copies of all receipts, invoices, bills, and other evidence of expenses and financial losses.
When to Hire Our Overland Park Personal Injury Lawyer?
Some cases in Overland Park, Kansas involve minor injuries and minimal damages. These cases might not need our attorney. However, if you don't need to hire an attorney, you can still benefit from a free consultation with our injury attorney as we can share insight and strategy to getting your claim resolved.
At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we encourage all accident victims to seek legal advice before talking to insurance adjusters or signing any forms. We want you to have all the facts about your claim and your legal rights so you can make a decision that is in your best interest. That is why we offer a free consultation to discuss your claim.
If you are unsure whether you need to speak with our Overland Park injury attorney after an accident, answer these questions:
- Did your accident involve a large truck, multiple vehicles, government entity, or commercial vehicle?
- Did you sustain serious injuries or permanent impairments?
- Was your child injured?
- Have you incurred substantial medical bills or lost income?
- Is the insurance company or other party blaming you or alleging you are partially to blame for the accident?
- Was a defective product a factor in the cause of your injury?
If you answer "yes" to any of the above questions, you should talk to our injury attorney as soon as possible. The above situations indicate that your case may involve complicated issues, questions of law, and significant damages. Without legal representation, you could receive much less money than you deserve for your claim.
Injury Claims Handled by Our Overland Park Law Firm
Our Overland Park personal injury attorney handles variety of injury claims, including:
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Defective products
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Workplace accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Should I Give a Recorded Statement After an Overland Park Personal Injury?
Insurance claims adjusters and investigators are hired to protect the interests of the insurance company. Their job is to search for ways to limit the company’s liability for your personal injury claim. They are trained to ask scripted questions to obtain responses that the company can twist and purposefully misconstrue to hurt your claim.
You are not required to provide a written or recorded statement. You are also not required to answer questions without consulting your attorney or sign a medical release for your records without consulting with our lawyer.
It is in your best interest to consult with our personal injury attorney in Overland Park before talking to the insurance company. Our attorney will protect you from the insurance tactics used by adjusters and investigators to undervalue and deny injury claims. This gives you a better chance of being treated fairly.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Helps Victims in Overland Park Get the Compensation They Deserve
At the Law Office of Kevin J. McManus, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get the help you need during this challenging time. Do not wait to get the help you need after being injured because of another party’s negligence or wrongdoing.
Call our office today at 816-203-0143 to schedule a free consultation with our Overland Park personal injury attorney. We're on your side!