What do I do if I suspect the driver who caused the accident was texting while driving?
- Texting and distracted driving are significant problems causing many injuries and deaths on the road, with over 25% of car accident deaths related to distracted driving.
- If you suspect the other driver was texting while driving during an accident, report it to the police immediately and provide detailed information about what you observed.
- The accident report, based on your statement and other evidence, will help determine who is at fault and liable for the injuries.
- An attorney can assist in fully investigating the case during litigation, including questioning the other party under oath and obtaining relevant documents such as cell phone records.
- It's crucial to consult with an experienced attorney to protect your rights and ensure you receive the proper recovery for your injuries resulting from the accident.