A slip and fall accident may result in serious injuries, including head injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries. The days and weeks after a fall can be difficult for an accident victim as the person deals with the physical, emotional, and financial damages caused by the accident.
If you are unsure what you should do after a slip and fall accident, you should discuss your case with an experienced premises liability lawyer for Missouri and Kansas. Our Kansas City slip and fall attorney offers free consultations, so do not hesitate to call us today: 816-203-0143.
Reasons for Hiring a Kansas City Slip and Fall Attorney
Hiring a Kansas City slip and fall attorney may not be a top priority after being injured in a fall. However, there are several reasons why you may need a lawyer after a slip and fall injury. Some of the common reasons why you may need to consult an attorney include:
- You are unsure what steps you need to take to protect your legal right to seek compensation for your injuries, losses, and damages.
- Your injuries are severe and may result in permanent impairment or disability.
- The property owner refuses to accept liability for the accident.
- You are unsure who is responsible for your injuries.
- The insurance company for the property owner accuses you of causing your injury.
- You are unsure how to calculate the value of your slip and fall claim.
- You need to file a lawsuit.
Another reason to hire an attorney after a slip and fall accident is to reduce the stress and anxiety you may experience when dealing with an insurance company, property owner, or other representative for the party who caused your injury. Your attorney handles all matters related to your claim so that you can focus all your attention on recovering from your injuries.
What Can a Kansas City Slip and Fall Attorney Do for Me?
When you retain a premises liability lawyer to handle your slip and fall case, your lawyer begins a comprehensive accident investigation to identify the party or parties who may be liable for your accident. Some of the steps your attorney may take when investigating your slip and fall accident include:
- Visiting the accident scene to gather evidence
- Issuing subpoenas for video evidence from the property owner
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reviewing accident reports
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records
- Consulting expert witnesses
To recover compensation for your claim, you must prove the legal elements of a premises liability claim. It can be difficult to prove that a property owner breached the duty of care owed to visitors and guests without strong evidence. Our experienced Kansas City slip and fall attorney has the experience, skills, and legal knowledge necessary to build a strong case against the property owner for fault and liability.
Call Now to Discuss Your Case with a Kansas City Slip and Fall Attorney
Call 816-203-0143 for a free consultation with a Kansas City premises liability lawyer, or fill out the form below. During your free, no-obligation consultation, we will discuss the steps involved in filing a slip and fall claim and how we can help you seek a fair and just settlement for your claim. We accept personal injury cases throughout Missouri and Kansas.