An Advocate and Advisor for Your Business
For our business clients, our Kansas City business dispute attorney is both an advocate and advisor. Our law firm's approach is to understand our clients’ business operations and objectives so we can provide practical, results-oriented legal representation that is tailored to each client’s particular circumstances.
Being in a business dispute can be expensive and cause unnecessary disruption and delay. For that reason, our Kansas City business dispute attorney focuses on developing creative, cost-efficient strategies that will achieve expeditious results. While litigation may appear to be the only option, we also advise and represent clients in other forms of dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
Our clients appreciate the personal attention and straight-forward advice that we offer in the most complex of business disputes. For that reason, our relationship with our business clients and the advice we can offer often continues long after the legal issue is resolved.
Types of Business Disputes We Handle
Our significant experience includes representing businesses from a wide variety of industries in matters involving:
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Business interference
- Business succession disputes
- Commercial lending and financial disputes
- Employment and non-compete disputes
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Intellectual property disputes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Real estate and construction disputes
- Securities fraud and misrepresentation
- Unfair business practices
An Experienced Kansas City Trial Lawyer
As a trial lawyer with a proven track record of success, our attorney, Kevin J. McManus, has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business litigation matters in both state and federal courts. This broad experience provides a unique perspective that aides our firm in achieving optimum results for our clients in a cost-effective way.
Our law firm's mission is not only to provide high-quality legal representation but also to empower our clients to make the best possible decision about their unique legal issue. From the start of our engagement, we seek to provide direct, personal attention and a detailed approach that will accomplish your specific legal objective. After understanding your goals and particular circumstances, we will give you insightful counsel and guidance and develop the most efficient legal strategy to achieve your desired outcome.
Unlike other firms, we define success - not by the number of hours we bill - but by the results we achieve for our clients. Our Kansas City business litigation attorney is a skilled trial lawyer with years or representing both corporations and individuals in high-stakes disputes. While our legal team prepares each case for trial, we remain committed to finding cost-efficient means to accomplish your goals.
Throughout our representation, we maintain open communication with our clients and continue to evaluate what the most effective means are to resolving a legal issues. While litigation may seem to be the only option, we also advise and represent clients in other forms of dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
Creative, Cost-Effective Fee Structures
We also offer a variety of creative and cost-effective fee structures depending on the type of the business case and our clients' needs. While some business disputes are best handled on traditional hourly fee basis, other cases may be best served with an alternative fee structures. Our firm has the flexibility to structure the most appropriate fee for your particular case and circumstances.
Our basic fee structures include:
- Traditional Hourly. Hourly fee arrangements are just that - our time is billed by the hour and you receive a monthly invoice with a detailed breakdown of all time billed.
- Contingency fee basis. In a contingency fee arrangement, we do not bill by the hour, and we only get paid if we recover money for you or your business. Our firm handles personal injury cases in this manner and has found it benefits certain clients in other types of litigation as well.
- Hybrid hourly / contingency basis. In hybrid fee arrangements, we agree that our firm will bill on an hourly basis at a reduced hourly rate, and if we are successful in recovery money on your behalf, we receive a lower contingency percentage than a pure contingency fee arrangement.
- Fixed Fee. We agree in advance on a fixed fee (lump sum) for accomplishing a particular assignment or task.
In addition to these basic fee structures, we are willing to explore other alternatives that may be appropriate for your case or circumstances. All fees will be discussed and agreed to in writing prior to being retained as counsel in your case.
Kansas City Business Dispute Attorneys
If you or your business is involved in a business dispute, please call our Kansas City business dispute attorney Kevin J. McManus at (816) 203-0143, or fill out the form below, for a free, confidential consultation. We would be happy to review your case, answer your questions and provide straight-forward guidance on next steps.