Insurance May Be Available to Help Pay Your Medical BillsAfter a car accident caused by another driver in Kansas or Missouri, you could need extensive medical treatments for your injuries. You may not know where to turn to obtain reimbursement for your mounting medical bills, especially if you are off work while you recover. Fortunately, you may have a number of options for getting your medical bills paid.

Insurance That May Pay Your Medical Bills Following Your Car Accident

It can be confusing to determine what insurance coverage you have to pay your medical bills while you are coping with your injuries. An experienced car accident attorney can help you identify all your options and assist you in filing your claims. Here are some of the insurance sources that you should consider:

  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. Kansas is a no-fault state that requires drivers to carry a certain amount of PIP coverage as part of their auto insurance to pay for some of their own medical bills regardless of who was the at-fault driver. You can use your PIP benefits to pay some of your medical bills up to your policy limits.
  • MedPay. Missouri is an at-fault state that holds the negligent driver responsible for compensating victims of a car accident. However, you have the option of purchasing MedPay auto insurance coverage that could be used to pay some medical bills regardless of who was at fault in causing the accident.
  • Negligent driver’s insurance company. In Missouri, the negligent driver’s insurance company is responsible for paying all your medical bills. In Kansas, his insurance company would be liable for paying the amounts not covered under your PIP benefits. An experienced attorney can help you file your claim and fight for the compensation that you deserve.
  • Health insurance. If you have health insurance through your job or a private health insurance policy, your health insurance company may pay your medical bills not covered by the insurance options listed above.
  • Medicaid and Medicare. Like your own health insurance benefits, you may be able to use your Medicaid or Medicare benefits to pay for covered medical treatments.

Do you still have questions about how to get your medical bills paid following your car accident? Do you have other questions about your legal rights? For more information about personal injury claims in Missouri and Kansas, please download a free copy of my book, Crash Course, from our website. You can also contact our firm by calling (816) 203-0143 or by filling out a form on this website for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how we can assist you.   

Kevin J. McManus
Connect with me
Kevin McManus – Kansas City Personal Injury Attorney